This is ideal picnic food since it has no mayo in it. You can use more or less hot pepper depending on how hot you like it/can take it.
- 1⁄2 head green cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 lb jicama, shredded
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 -2 minced seeded jalapeno
- 1⁄3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- Combine all salad ingredients and mix well.
- Combine all dressing ingredients and toss well with salad ingredients.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- This slaw gets better if it has a chance to sit for a few hours before serving and it's even good the next day.