Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Warming, healthy soup. Australian chili powder is very hot so use as much as your tastes enjoy.
Make and share this Spicy Lentil and Tomato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 pinch chili powder, to taste
- 1 (32 g) packet onion soup
- 1 cup water
- 400 g tomatoes with juice, chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cups hot water
- 1⁄2 cup red lentil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander or 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the garlic, cumin, garam masala and chili powder. Cook over low heat, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Combine the soup mix and the one cup of water. Add to the pan with all the remaining ingredients, except the coriander or parsley.
- Bring to the boil, stirring, then simmer over a low heat, continuing to stir occasionally, for 20-25 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
- Mix through the coriander or parsley before serving.
OUTSTANDING soup this does make, LOVE simple, easy dishes, healthy for goodness sake! Really enjoy these ingedients, TRUE! Think "hot & spicy" is my middle name too!