Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Spicy Hash Browns - Homemade
Make and share this Spicy Hash Browns - Homemade recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper, ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 1⁄2 cups baking potatoes, diced (about 2-1/2 lbs)
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine olive oil, paprika, chili powder, salt, red peppers, and black pepper in a large bowl; stir well.
- Add diced potatoes and stir well to coat.
- Place potatoes in a single layer on a cookie sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes or until browned.
This time I cooked the hash browns in a toaster oven and they were perfect. I diced the potatoes a little larger than I would for the conventional oven as the heat seems more direct. Once again they were crisp outside and soft centered. Easy excellent recipe
We make these almost every weekend- especially with comany. Our guest love a little heat/spice. This is a perfect recipe. Thank you Kumquat. May: Made a tweak to the recipe after all these months, and it adds a nice robust extra to this awesome recipe. I have added half a T of Onion Powder and half a T of Adobo. (Substitute for garlic powder.)
Delicious hash browns! I shredded my potatoes but cooked them for the same amount of time. They came out perfectly, a lovely golden brown. What a wonderful treat, thanks for posting!