1/1 Photo of Spicy Grilled Sweet Potatoes
Adapted from Cooking Light. A healthy and different way to eat sweet potatoes, and one of my favorites. Goes well as a side with grilled meats or sandwiches. I like this because it is quick, easy, tasty, and excepting the cilantro I almost always have all the ingredients on hand. On top of all that, it's healthy and low-calorie. What's not to like?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the spices in a small bowl (cumin, garlic powder, salt and red pepper). Mix.
- 2Put the sweet potato slices in a medium bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat. Sprinkle with the spices and toss to coat evenly.
- 3Heat a stove-top grill or a large skillet over medium high heat. Remove briefly from heat, coat with cooking spray, and return to the heat. (The original recipe called for a grill, but I just use a skillet.).
- 4Place sweet potato slices in the skillet, flipping occasionally, so that they are grilled crispy on both sides. They take about 10 minutes to cook as long as they are properly sliced to a thin 1/4-inch thickness.
- 5When cooked, places in a serving bowl and sprinkle with the cilantro, if using. (The first several times I made this I had no cilantro, so did without. In the meantime I've made it with cilantro a few times, but it is just fine without it if you don't have any.).
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Grilled Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.2
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 256.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 1.9 g