1/1 Photo of Spicy Crock Pot Chickpeas
8 hrs 20 mins
A hot spicy meatless crock pot dish -- and easy, too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (reduce if that's too spicy for your tastes)
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups coarsely chopped tomatoes (, canned or fresh)
- 2 (19 ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1In a skillet over medium heat, cook onions, stirring, just until they begin to brown; then add garlic and all spices and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 2Add vinegar and tomatoes and bring to a boil, then place mixture in your slow cooker; add chickpeas and combine well.
- 3Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours or on High for 3 to 4 hours, or until the mixture is hot and bubbling.
- 4Serve with hot naan or pita bread.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Crock Pot Chickpeas
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.3
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 930.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 10.1 g