This is a vegan/vegetarian recipe and is great at Barbecues. You don't have to use Kidney beans, Borlotti or Cannelini are also really good in this, you can also add carrots if you wish, but these take longer to cook. I have questimated the amount of chilli sauce, you need to aim to have enough liquid in the mix to coat the rice, you can always add more if need be.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put rice on to boil.
- 2Chop up the onion and the two peppers and fry until soft in a little oil.
- 3Add the crushed garlic and the chopped chillies and fry for two minutes.
- 4Add the kidney beans and sweetcorn and continue to cook for another couple of minutes.
- 5Pour in the soy and sweet chilli sauces and cook until fully heated through, then set aside.
- 6Drain the cooked rice and leave both this and the bean mixture to cool a bit.
- 7Mix together and season with salt and pepper.
- 8Serve hot or cold.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Brown Rice Salad
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.6
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 548.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 12.0 g