1/6 Photos of Spicy Black Beans and Rice With Mangoes (Crock Pot)
6 hrs 20 mins
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
This is so good and it's easy too. This recipe was found in Fresh From the Vegetarian Slow Cooker.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced (any hot chile pepper okay)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 3 cups cooked long-grain brown rice (white rice okay)
- 2 mangoes, ripe, medium sized, peeled and flesh diced
- 1Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add onion, bell pepper, garlic and jalapeno, cover, and cook 5 minutes until softened.
- 3Add in seasonings, mix well and cook for 1 minute.
- 4Transfer mixture into a 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker.
- 5Add bean, water, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- 6Stir well.
- 7Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- 8Add the cooked rice and the mangoes.
- 9Allow to cook another 10 minutes.
- 10Serve and enjoy.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Black Beans and Rice With Mangoes (Crock Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (383 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 522.1
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 305.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.0 g
- Sugars 25.5 g
- Protein 19.7 g