1/2 Photos of Spicy Black Bean Soup
Easy, spicy, and healthy. This will fill you up, and warm you up as well. Serve it with fresh lime wedges for a citrus kick. You could also serve it over brown rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 3 quart sauce pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and saute, stirring occasionally until tender. This takes about 5-7 minutes.
- 2Stir in garlic and spices, cook for about a minute.
- 3Stir in beans, broth, and can of tomatoes (including liquid from tomatoes). Add a pinch of salt, if you'd like.
- 4Heat to high heat until soup is boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 15 minutes.
- 5Spoon about 1/3 of mixture into a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth. You can do more or less, depending on how thick you want the soup or how many whole beans you want in it. Combine pureed mixture with rest of soup and serve with lime wedges.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Black Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.5
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 240.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.2 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 15.1 g