Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
Not as clear as jelly but pretty! I added 8 drops of red and liked the color but for a redder color go for more. The remaining apple fiber I used to make Spiced Applesauce Ornaments I (Non-Edible) Ingredients
- Bring apples and water to boil in heavy large saucepan.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until apples are falling apart, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes
- Cool 30 minutes.
- Press apple mixture through fine strainer into heavy large saucepan.
- Place chilies chilies, vinegar and 1 cups sugar in processor or blender.
- Add to apples and mix in remaining sugar.
- Bring to a roiling boil for 10 minutes.
- Add pectin and boil exactly 2 minutes
- Stir in minced red jalapeno.
- Pour into sterilized jars and place in a water bath for 10 minutes.
- Lable, date, and store.