1/3 Photos of Spicy Apple Jam
1 hr 40 mins
Not as clear as jelly but pretty! I added 8 drops of red and liked the color but for a redder color go for more. The remaining apple fiber I used to make Spiced Applesauce Ornaments I (Non-Edible) Ingredients
My Private Note
1 pint ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring apples and water to boil in heavy large saucepan.
- 2Reduce heat, cover and simmer until apples are falling apart, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes
- 3Cool 30 minutes.
- 4Press apple mixture through fine strainer into heavy large saucepan.
- 5Place chilies chilies, vinegar and 1 cups sugar in processor or blender.
- 6Add to apples and mix in remaining sugar.
- 7Bring to a roiling boil for 10 minutes.
- 8Add pectin and boil exactly 2 minutes
- 9Stir in minced red jalapeno.
- 10Pour into sterilized jars and place in a water bath for 10 minutes.
- 11Lable, date, and store.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Apple Jam
Serving Size: 1 (26 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 128
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 30.7
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 0.0 g