1/1 Photo of Spiced Winter Squash With Fennel
1 hr 10 mins
Kumquat the Cat's friend's Note:
My brother made this from a recipe my SIL got on-line. It's originally from Bon Appetit. I loved the way the fennel and squash tasted, asked her for the recipe, and here it is! Good fall recipe, for Thanksgiving or Christmas (which is what my brother made it for). We never celebrate Christmas on Christmas which is why I'm able to post it early.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs butternut squash, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, halved crosswise, then cut lenghtwise into 3/4 inch wedges
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed, cut lengthwise into 1 inch wedges
- 1 large red onion, root end left intact, then cut lengthwise into 1/2 inch wedges
- 1 -3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Position rack in bottom third of oven and preheat to 450°F.
- 2Combine squash, fennel and onion on heavy large rimmed baking sheet. Add oil and toss to coat.
- 3Mix all spices in small bowl to blend. Sprinkle spice mixture over vegetables and toss to coat.
- 4Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- 5Roast until vegetables are tender and browned, turning once, about 45 minutes.
- 6Transfer to shallow dish and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Winter Squash With Fennel
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.9
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 46.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 2.9 g