Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This smells amazing while it cooks! It serves two purposes really, yummy to eat and a great room scent!
- Place peaches in blender and pulse till smooth (if you like it a little chunky, just don't pulse as much).
- Place peaches and all other ingredients in a heavy bottom pot.
- Cook on medium to low heat for about 3 hours , the thicker you want it the longer you cook it.
- This can then be processed in a water bath for 5 minutes.
- The amount you end up with is determined by how much you cook it down. I get approximately 6-1/2-7 cups of butter.
I had some yucky textured peaches that I wanted to do something with. I made this pretty close to as written--I never measure anything exactly--and it turned out sooo yummy. The second time I made it, I cut back a little on the spices, but that is just personal preference. It makes the house smell wonderful.
AWESOME and very very yummy!!! Thanks for a great recipe. I cooked mine in a crock pot on high for 3 hours and it was perfect.
I used a recipe like this one last summer when we had a boutiful crop of peaches and gave this out as christmas gifts- and ended up losing the recipe. So glad I found it on here! Oh man, did everyone LOVE this! The house smells so incredibly good while this is cooking, it is so pretty in a decorative jelly jar with a ribbon around it- that blushing pink color is great! Fantastic on warm rolls or biscuits. Thanks so much for posting!