Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Spicily sweet and as lusciously colored as rubies. From the New England chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. While this recipe is written in an old-fashioned way, it is perfectly safe if processed using modern methods. If you are unfamiliar with these modern methods, please go to http://www.uga.edu/nchfp/how/can_home.html for the current information.
- 2 quarts cranberries, washed and picked over
- 1 1⁄3 cups vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 6 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- Place cranberries in a large stockpot and add remaining ingredients.
- Cook slowly over low heat for 45 minutes.
- Pour into sterilized jars and seal.
These were a big hit at my Thanksgiving table. Everyone said these were the best cranberries they have had.