I usually like broccoli just fine plain, but this is a nice change of pace.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Separate the broccoli heads into small florets. Peel and slice the stems. Blanch the florets and stems in boiling salted water 3-4 minutes until crisp-tender. Drain thoroughly and set aside.
- 2(Note: I often use frozen broccoli. When I do, I skip the above steps and put it directly in the skillet.).
- 3Cut tomatoes lengthwise into eighths; set aside.
- 4Stir-fry ginger for a few seconds. Add broccoli, tomatoes, and red pepper. Stir fry 2-3 minutes or till vegetables are heated through. Add 1-2 Tbsp water (I add tomato juice) and continue to stir fry for about 30 seconds.
- 5Serve hot, room temperature, or chilled.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Broccoli and Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.0
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 215.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.1 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 13.1 g