Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
borrowed and reposted from 101 cookbooks for safekeeping, these look very tasty. i betcha you could do this with blueberries for a summer treat too. cooking time is cooling/drying time
- mix water and sugar in a saucepan and simmer until sugar dissolves to make a simple syrup.
- let the syrup cook a bit so it wont burst your cranberries, should be warm-hot, not so hot you can't touch it. pour over cranberries, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- drain and toss in coarse sugar. work in small batches to avoid the sugar getting too damp. lay cranberries out on a cookie sheet to dry for a few hours.
- toss in the regular sugar to take care of any damp spots.
- serve on a cheese spread, in a bowl next to the christmas cookies, or on top of custards and puddings.