A Spanish inspired recipe that I found in a back issue of BBC Good Food Magazine.
Make and share this Spanish Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix the oil, tomato paste and paprika together, then coat the potatoes thoroughly in it.
- Squash the garlic in its skin with the flat of a knife and place on a baking tray with the potatoes.
- Season well with salt and pepper, then roast for 40 minutes, turning halfway through, until the potatoes have crisped up and are fluffy inside.
- Five minutes before the end of cooking, sprinkle over the lemon juice and return to the oven.
- Serve with the parsley scattered over.
These were very good. I only made a slight change. I added a teaspoon of oregano and 3 extra cloves of garlic, but that is due to the fact that we love garlic. They came out wonderful. We had it with the cheese stuffed meatloaf it was a wonderful meal.
I read through all of the reviews for this recipe and really took on board the advice that it could be 'bland'. To try and avoid this I used minced garlic and mixed it in with the tomato mixture, along with a tsp of salt. I tasted on of the potatoes just before putting the lemon juice on them and was still a bit sceptical... It seemed as though something was missing. But 5 minutes later the flavour had worked perfectly!! The lemon really mustn't be skipped as it is what makes these potatoes fabulous! Thanks for a real keeper Sarah Jayne! Made for ZWT5 Family Picks
I don't know if I was just expecting too much flavor because of the garlic, tomato paste, and smoked Spanish paprika, but I agree they were a little bland. I think they could use more of the tomato paste and paprika. We couldn't really taste the garlic much either. We ended up putting ketchup on them and eating them like home fries. Made for the Epicurean Queens ZWT5: Portugal/Spain.