Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
From the Vegetarian Child magazine. With Vegan option as well as lower fat option.
Make and share this Soy Scalloped Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Bake or microwave the potatoes in their skins until done but still firm. [about 5 minutes if doing single large potato].
- When cool enough to handle, peel, and slice about 1/4 inch thick.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- If using margarine heat 2tsp in a medium skillet or use water or a bit of broth then dd the onions and saute over medium heat until soft and golden.
- Puree the tofu in a food processor until very smooth, and drizzle in the milk with the blade still running.
- Combine the potato slices, onions, and pureed tofu in bowl and stir together thoroughly but gently Season with salt. If the potatoes start to break apart, it's ok.
- Transfer the mixture to a Sprayed or oiled large shallow baking dish.
- Bake until the top is golden and slightly crusty, 40 to 45 minutes.
Fantasitic. Haven't been eating cheese for a while, so this is a really great, creamy treat. Did the lower fat option and really cooked up the onions to a nice carmalized brown in some broth. There's no kids around, so I also added baked garlic and some chipotles in adobo to the tofu mix in the blender. Perfect. Used regular old russet potatoes but can't wait to try this with ykons. Thanks for posting, this is a keeper for sure!