That is Dr House to you's Note:
From the Vegetarian Child magazine. With Vegan option as well as lower fat option.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bake or microwave the potatoes in their skins until done but still firm. [about 5 minutes if doing single large potato].
- 2When cool enough to handle, peel, and slice about 1/4 inch thick.
- 3Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 4If using margarine heat 2tsp in a medium skillet or use water or a bit of broth then dd the onions and saute over medium heat until soft and golden.
- 5Puree the tofu in a food processor until very smooth, and drizzle in the milk with the blade still running.
- 6Combine the potato slices, onions, and pureed tofu in bowl and stir together thoroughly but gently Season with salt. If the potatoes start to break apart, it's ok.
- 7Transfer the mixture to a Sprayed or oiled large shallow baking dish.
- 8Bake until the top is golden and slightly crusty, 40 to 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soy Scalloped Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (497 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.2
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 37.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 11.1 g