Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the Vegetarian Child magazine. With Vegan option as well as lower fat option.
Make and share this Soy Scalloped Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Bake or microwave the potatoes in their skins until done but still firm. [about 5 minutes if doing single large potato].
- When cool enough to handle, peel, and slice about 1/4 inch thick.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- If using margarine heat 2tsp in a medium skillet or use water or a bit of broth then dd the onions and saute over medium heat until soft and golden.
- Puree the tofu in a food processor until very smooth, and drizzle in the milk with the blade still running.
- Combine the potato slices, onions, and pureed tofu in bowl and stir together thoroughly but gently Season with salt. If the potatoes start to break apart, it's ok.
- Transfer the mixture to a Sprayed or oiled large shallow baking dish.
- Bake until the top is golden and slightly crusty, 40 to 45 minutes.