1/1 Photo of Soy Glazed Butternut Squash
These make great appetizers or a yummy side dish. Adapted from BH&G magazine. To make it easier to peel squash, cut squash in half, seed, then place in microwave for about 1-2 minutes. The skin will be softer and easier to peel.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 3/4-inch cubes (or other winter squash)
- 1 teaspoon orange peel, finely shredded
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 scallions, finely chopped (or green onions)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1Place squash in a lightly greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- 2In a small bowl combine orange peel, orange juice, scallions, soy sauce, brown sugar, oil, and red pepper flakes.
- 3Drizzle over squash, tossing to coat.
- 4Roast, uncovered, in a 425*F. oven for 20-25 minutes or until squash is tender, stirring several times. Stir cubes again before serving.
- 5Place a toothpick in each squash cube, if using for appetizers. Serve warm.
- 6Makes about 48 appetizers.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soy Glazed Butternut Squash
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.7
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 763.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 3.4 g