Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Credited to Lundberg Family farms, from the book "The Color Code." Personally, I would use brown rice in this recipe for the health benefits. The other flavors are strong enough that it should not matter if you are used to white rice.
- 1 cup rice, cooked and cooled
- 1 cup corn
- 1 1⁄4 cups black beans (approx.)
- 1 1⁄4 cups mild salsa
- 3⁄4 cup green onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (fresh, please!)
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Chill (overnight is best) and serve.
Very good and different salad which we had with chicken. I made a few minor changes based on what I had by using a red onion, chopped (instead of green onions), two green peppers (instead of red and green) and skipped the cilantro all together. The salsa I used was called Road Kill Salsa, so it was a bit on the hot side but contained black beans and pineapple which was a nice addition. Next time I think I will use milder salsa and serve this with tortilla chips. Thanks for sharing!