Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Pasta, salsa, chiles, black beans, it's a great combination. No added fats, and if you are food combining, it's a great carb meal if you use whole wheat pasta.
- In large pot, bring 4 quarts of water to boil.
- When the water boils, add the salt and pasta, stirring to prevent sticking.
- Cook until al dente, stirring occasionally, about 11 minutes.
- Meanwhile in medium saucepan, combine salsa, chilies, and black beans.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture simmers but does not boil.
- Continue to simmer over very low heat.
- Scoop out half cup pasta water and reserve.
- Drain pasta and transfer to serving bowl.
- Add salsa-bean mixture and toss to coat.
- Add green onion, toss to mix.
- If it seems dry, add some of the reserved pasta water.
Excellent vegetarian meal. The chilies add just the right amount of spice. I would imagine chicken would be an easy addition as well.
This recipe was quite good and very easy!!
This was pretty good, but I agree with one of the previous posters - I think it needs some chicken or something. It just felt like something was missing. It was super easy though! I brought some for lunch today and I think I will eat it cold, I have a feeling I will like it better that way. I used medium salsa, and next time I think I will use mild. A little too much spice for me. I also added some fat free shredded cheddar on top, it was a nice addition. Overall, this is as simple and tasty pasta dish that can be thrown together in a flash.