Pasta, salsa, chiles, black beans, it's a great combination. No added fats, and if you are food combining, it's a great carb meal if you use whole wheat pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large pot, bring 4 quarts of water to boil.
- 2When the water boils, add the salt and pasta, stirring to prevent sticking.
- 3Cook until al dente, stirring occasionally, about 11 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile in medium saucepan, combine salsa, chilies, and black beans.
- 5Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture simmers but does not boil.
- 6Continue to simmer over very low heat.
- 7Scoop out half cup pasta water and reserve.
- 8Drain pasta and transfer to serving bowl.
- 9Add salsa-bean mixture and toss to coat.
- 10Add green onion, toss to mix.
- 11If it seems dry, add some of the reserved pasta water.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southwestern Pasta -- Practically Fat Free
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.4
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1250.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 102.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.9 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 15.5 g