1/7 Photos of Sour Cherry Syrup
Pour in about a half inch of syrup into a tall glass, and add lots of ice cubes and seltzer or club soda. You might even prefer water instead. Iranis add a sprig of fresh mint and a sour cherry to the glass as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Puree the cherries in a blender or food processor in small batches. Run juice through a fine sieve, pressing hard to extract all the juice.
- 2In a large saucepan, mix cherry juice with sugar, water and lime juice and bring to a boil, stirring consistently, until sugar dissolves.
- 3Cook over moderate heat for 10 minutes, skimming off the foam that rises to the top with a slotted spoon.
- 4Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring and skimming, until syrupy, about 1 hour.
- 5Strain the syrup into jars and let cool completely before storing.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cherry Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (6637 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3345.2
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 39.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 858.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.9 g
- Sugars 817.2 g
- Protein 10.0 g