1/7 Photos of Sour Cherry Syrup
Pour in about a half inch of syrup into a tall glass, and add lots of ice cubes and seltzer or club soda. You might even prefer water instead. Iranis add a sprig of fresh mint and a sour cherry to the glass as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Puree the cherries in a blender or food processor in small batches. Run juice through a fine sieve, pressing hard to extract all the juice.
- 2In a large saucepan, mix cherry juice with sugar, water and lime juice and bring to a boil, stirring consistently, until sugar dissolves.
- 3Cook over moderate heat for 10 minutes, skimming off the foam that rises to the top with a slotted spoon.
- 4Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring and skimming, until syrupy, about 1 hour.
- 5Strain the syrup into jars and let cool completely before storing.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cherry Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (6637 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3345.2
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 39.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 858.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.9 g
- Sugars 817.2 g
- Protein 10.0 g