1/1 Photo of Soupy Black Beans
This recipe comes from an Everyday Food magazine. I cut the recipe in half when it's just DH and me. Great for a BBQ or a cold night. Serve with a dollop of sour cream. You can also try adapting this for the microwave.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- 2Add scallions and garlic cloves and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- 3Add black beans and water. Increase heat and bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Add salsa and stir until heated through.
- 6Add salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Soupy Black Beans
Serving Size: 1 (416 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.7
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 105.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.4 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 13.7 g