Prep 12 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is a super simple dessert that tastes like you've spent hours on it.
Make and share this Sorbet from Canned Fruit recipe from Food.com.
- 1 can fruit cocktail in heavy syrup
- 2 tablespoons brandy, rum or amaretto (optional)
- Freeze the fruit in the can for at least 12 hours.
- Place the can in warm water for about 1 minute.
- Remove fruit from can, pour any liquid into a food processor.
- Slide the fruit out and chop into 1-inch pieces.
- Place in food processor with the brandy and process until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Serve at once, or transfer to container, and place in the freezer.
Sorry, but I didn't like this. This was really really bad and a total opposite of what I'd imagined it to taste like. I even tried to improve upon it by adding Nestle cream and Nestle sweetened condensed milk but to no avail. Really upset with this recipe.
instead of brandy I did citrus vodka and wow that was some nice zip for an after dinner dessert/drink!!