That is Dr House to you's Note:
A nice meatless soup for a change of pace. It's thick like stew and popular with kids. Great Mexican comfort food. From the Vegetarian Journal for Summer 2007
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Break the pasta into 1 inch pieces.
- 2In food processor, combine the tomatoes, onions, garlic, and chipotle. Process until smooth.
- 3In heavy soup pan, heat oil to med heat. Add pasta and cook, stirring, until pasta turns golden about 5 to 7 minutes.
- 4Then add the tomato mix and broth. Increase the heat to med high and bring to a boil. Cook uncovered until the pasta is a la dente. That should be about 5 minutes [angel hair cooks faster remember?].
- 5Place soup in bowls, garnish with cilantro or use parsley. Serve asap.
- 6Notes: Use a Roasted Vegetable Broth. You want it dark and rich. Add Mrs Dash seasoning [I use the Southwest but be warned it is going to spike your heat up] Also don't use Canned as the recipe calls for. Use fresh tomatoes diced with some chilies. Or use Rotel if you must use canned.
- 7The recipe above is the Journal's recipe and it is a simple recipe suited to smaller childrens tastes [no hot.] I prefer to kick it up. Seasoning is omitted because of this so you need to add it. If you don't it is going to be a bland broth spiced only by the Roasted Vegetable broth.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sopa De Pasta or Sopa De Fideos
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.5
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 2.4 mg
- Sodium 959.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: