1/2 Photos of Snack Sprouts
72 hrs 10 mins
Recipe adapted from Isabell Shipard, author of How I Can Use Herbs in my Daily Life.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak 1/2 cup lentils 8 to 12 hours, drain.
- 2Sprout 3-5 days.
- 3Rinse 2 times daily, grow until the length of shoots equals the seed length.
- 4Place sprouts in a bowl and mix in 2 tbs onion powder, 1 teaspoons garlic powder, 2 tbs tamari soy sauce and a pinch of cayenne pepper (if desired).
- 5Spread out thinly on a baking tray, and bake at 250°F until brittle and crispy, which takes about 1 hour.
- 6Alternatively, the snack sprouts can be dried in a food dehydrator.
- 7When the sprouts have dried out, store in a container with a lid, which will keep them dry and crisp. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Snack Sprouts
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.3
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2699.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.9 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 19.5 g