Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a twist on Black Eyed Pea Burgers. Very good and cheap.
Make and share this " Slightly Spicy" Black Bean Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 -2 teaspoon chopped garlic (bottled is fine)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (6 ounce) can green chili sauce (in the Mexican Foods aisle)
- 2 tablespoons salsa (as you like it, I used mild)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- Place beans in a large bowl and sit aside.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan.
- Add onion, garlic, corn and cumin.
- Sauté about 2-3 minutes over medium heat.
- Add your green chili sauce and sauté another minute or two.
- Place in bowl with beans, let cool and mash with stick blender, it is okay if not every piece is mashed.
- Add salsa, chili powder, flour and breadcrumbs.
- Stir to blend ingredients with a rubber spatula.
- Form in 4 patties and place on wax paper.
- Store in Tupperware until ready to cook.
- To cook, spray on one side and sauté on medium heat until browned, repeat on other side.
- I serve these on toasted burger buns with pepperjack cheese, mayo, lettuce and tomato but serve it as you like.