Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a twist on Black Eyed Pea Burgers. Very good and cheap.
Make and share this " Slightly Spicy" Black Bean Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 -2 teaspoon chopped garlic (bottled is fine)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (6 ounce) can green chili sauce (in the Mexican Foods aisle)
- 2 tablespoons salsa (as you like it, I used mild)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- Place beans in a large bowl and sit aside.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan.
- Add onion, garlic, corn and cumin.
- Sauté about 2-3 minutes over medium heat.
- Add your green chili sauce and sauté another minute or two.
- Place in bowl with beans, let cool and mash with stick blender, it is okay if not every piece is mashed.
- Add salsa, chili powder, flour and breadcrumbs.
- Stir to blend ingredients with a rubber spatula.
- Form in 4 patties and place on wax paper.
- Store in Tupperware until ready to cook.
- To cook, spray on one side and sauté on medium heat until browned, repeat on other side.
- I serve these on toasted burger buns with pepperjack cheese, mayo, lettuce and tomato but serve it as you like.
These are SO GOOD. I've been craving a good black bean burger for while now and decided to try making my own. They turned out delicious. I added adobo spice mix and a bit of fresh cilantro, then I topped them with ketchup, jack and cheddar cheese, tomato, onion, and sliced avocado on a french hamburger roll and I DIED. These rival my favorite restaurant's black bean burgers. I keep them separated into patties by wax paper in tupperware in the fridge and fry them up when I'm ready to eat. They'll go in the freezer for later once I tire of eating them for every meal!
We loved these black bean burgers! They hold together great, are inexpensive and very yummy! Preparation time made an easy meal for our family.
Used only salsa (no green chili sauce on hand) and made 6 smaller patties. Did take me a bit longer than the estimated 20 minutes to make! Otherwise, a great recipe and will make again. Thanks for sharing.