My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 -2 teaspoon chopped garlic (bottled is fine)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (6 ounce) can green chili sauce (in the Mexican Foods aisle)
- 2 tablespoons salsa (as you like it, I used mild)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1Place beans in a large bowl and sit aside.
- 2Heat oil in a large frying pan.
- 3Add onion, garlic, corn and cumin.
- 4Sauté about 2-3 minutes over medium heat.
- 5Add your green chili sauce and sauté another minute or two.
- 6Place in bowl with beans, let cool and mash with stick blender, it is okay if not every piece is mashed.
- 7Add salsa, chili powder, flour and breadcrumbs.
- 8Stir to blend ingredients with a rubber spatula.
- 9Form in 4 patties and place on wax paper.
- 10Store in Tupperware until ready to cook.
- 11To cook, spray on one side and sauté on medium heat until browned, repeat on other side.
- 12I serve these on toasted burger buns with pepperjack cheese, mayo, lettuce and tomato but serve it as you like.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for " Slightly Spicy" Black Bean Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.3
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 178.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.3 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 13.5 g