Late August is blueberry season here in Newfoundland, and what better way to use them than in a fruity, oaty breakfast?
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats
- 2⁄3 cup vanilla soymilk (if you don't have any on hand, try Sweet Vanilla Soymilk)
- 2 honey dates, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup apple, diced (I use granny smith)
- 1⁄2 large ripe banana
- 1⁄3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 -2 tablespoon nuts (see below) (optional) or 1 -2 tablespoon seeds (see below) (optional)
- Mix together the oats, soymilk and dates. Do(If using a different type of date, you may want 1 or 2 extra.) Let soak overnight in the fridge.
- In the morning, dice and stir in the apple. Cut the banana lengthwise into quarters, then slice. Stir these small banana pieces along with the blueberries, into the muesli.
- It's totally delicious without any nuts or seeds, but I like them anyway for some crunch. My favorites here are pumpkin seeds. Almonds are also good. Enjoy!