Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 hrs
Late August is blueberry season here in Newfoundland, and what better way to use them than in a fruity, oaty breakfast?
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats
- 2⁄3 cup vanilla soymilk (if you don't have any on hand, try Sweet Vanilla Soymilk)
- 2 honey dates, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup apple, diced (I use granny smith)
- 1⁄2 large ripe banana
- 1⁄3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 -2 tablespoon nuts (see below) (optional) or 1 -2 tablespoon seeds (see below) (optional)
- Mix together the oats, soymilk and dates. Do(If using a different type of date, you may want 1 or 2 extra.) Let soak overnight in the fridge.
- In the morning, dice and stir in the apple. Cut the banana lengthwise into quarters, then slice. Stir these small banana pieces along with the blueberries, into the muesli.
- It's totally delicious without any nuts or seeds, but I like them anyway for some crunch. My favorites here are pumpkin seeds. Almonds are also good. Enjoy!
I can't believe how something so healthy can be sooooo delicious!! I have made this a total of 6 times and I just can't get enough of it! YUMMY! It's the best breakfast on earth :) Thanks a million!
5 Stars for a really satisfying and filling breakfast. I love the different varieties of fruit involved with this oatmeal. I eat oatmeal most mornings, but have never included this many fruits. You really only need 1/2 cup of oats, as the many fruits invovled with this recipe are more than enough and it's really very filling. For a bit of sweetner I added a cinnmon/sugar/flax combination I always keep on hand. Thanks Amber for posting this wonderful brekky recipe.!! Made for PRMR.~