1/2 Photos of Simple Rosemary Flatbread
1 hr 10 mins
From Fine Cooking #67. Serve with curry, warm salad on top, tomato soup etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour, salt and rosemary in a large bowl.
- 2Stir in water and oil until dough comes together.
- 3Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth, about 5 minutes, dusting surface lightly with flour as needed.
- 4Place dough in an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let rest for 30 minutes at room temp or up to 2 hours in the fridge.
- 5Heat a 10" to 12" cast iron or other heavy skillet over medium heat until a drop of water sizzles off on contact.
- 6On a lightly floured surface, divide the dough into 6 portions.
- 7Roll each piece into 8" round, put in the heated skillet and cook until golden brown spots appear on the bottom and the bread begins to puff, 1- 2 minutes.
- 8Flip the bread, and cook until spots appear, then transfer to a plate (cover with a towel to keep warm).
- 9Repeat the cooking process with the remaining 5 dough portions.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Rosemary Flatbread
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.5
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 583.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 6.4 g