Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Fine Cooking #67. Serve with curry, warm salad on top, tomato soup etc.
Make and share this Simple Rosemary Flatbread recipe from Food.com.
- Combine flour, salt and rosemary in a large bowl.
- Stir in water and oil until dough comes together.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth, about 5 minutes, dusting surface lightly with flour as needed.
- Place dough in an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let rest for 30 minutes at room temp or up to 2 hours in the fridge.
- Heat a 10" to 12" cast iron or other heavy skillet over medium heat until a drop of water sizzles off on contact.
- On a lightly floured surface, divide the dough into 6 portions.
- Roll each piece into 8" round, put in the heated skillet and cook until golden brown spots appear on the bottom and the bread begins to puff, 1- 2 minutes.
- Flip the bread, and cook until spots appear, then transfer to a plate (cover with a towel to keep warm).
- Repeat the cooking process with the remaining 5 dough portions.
I love Flatbread - especially when it's grilled. I never made it before and I was surprised how easy it is. I used my ABM to mix it up and then started at step 4. The rosemary really permeated the bread and it came out very nice. I served it with some Tapas the 1st night and then used the leftovers for some grilled flatbread pizza on the 2nd day which I think I enjoyed even more. It's so much better than any I've even bought at the market and at a fraction of the cost. Thanks for sharing.
This recipe is simple and the flatbread is delicious! I put cucumber sauce (Cucumber Sauce for Gyros), browned, spiced ground turkey and tomato slices on it. Thanks for the recipe!