I love courgettes and we grow them up our allotment every year, but boy do we have a million of them when they're in season! Although I throw them into most things I do love them on their own so I have various ways to change them up a bit, this being the simplest...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large courgette (or two smaller ones)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1Chop the courgettes any which way and brown them in a frying pan with some oil or 1 cal spray.
- 2When they are browning (but not fully cooked) add the orange juice and simmer until the OJ reduces.
- 3After about 4-5mins, the OJ will reduce down and thicken into a lovely orangey glaze and the courgettes should be done!
- 4Serve with lashings of coarse-ground black pepper. Mmmmm!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Courgettes/Zucchini in Orange
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 53.7
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 16.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 2.3 g