Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This fun vegan dish normally uses cream but soymilk is far healthier and non-dairy to boot. Feel free to use almond or rice milk instead, and make sure it is plain and unsweetened due to the addition of sugar to this. I normally hate eating mushrooms cold but this made me change my mind! Cook time includes chill time.
- Bring the water to a boil with the lemon juice then lower the heat to medium.
- Add the mushrooms and let simmer for a few minutes or until softened.
- Drain and let the mushrooms cool.
- Mix the soymilk, chives, sugar, and salt and pepper with the mushrooms in a bowl. Chill in the fridge, uncovered, for at least an hour.
- Serve with lettuce leaves as a nice side dish.