Adapted from Time/Life Foods of the World. Posted for ZWT6.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine rhubarb and 1 cup water in a small non-reactive saucepan.
- 2Bring to a boil over high heat.
- 3Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
- 4When rhubarb is soft, strain and discard solids.
- 5Measure the juice and add enough water to make 2 cups.
- 6Return to pan.
- 7Add sugar.
- 8Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- 9Increase heat to high and boil briskly, uncovered and undisturbed, for 5 minutes, or until syrup reaches 220°F on a candy thermometer.
- 10Cool to room temperature.
- 11To serve, pour 1/2 cup syrup into a tumbler.
- 12Stir in 1/2 cup cold water.
- 13Fill tumbler with crushed or shaved ice.
Browse Our Top Non-Alcoholic Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Non-Alcoholic Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sharbate Rivas (Rhubarb Sherbet Drink)
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.4
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 84.0 g
- Protein 0.6 g