Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Adapted from Time/Life Foods of the World. Posted for ZWT6.
Make and share this Sharbate Rivas (Rhubarb Sherbet Drink) recipe from Food.com.
- Combine rhubarb and 1 cup water in a small non-reactive saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
- When rhubarb is soft, strain and discard solids.
- Measure the juice and add enough water to make 2 cups.
- Return to pan.
- Add sugar.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat to high and boil briskly, uncovered and undisturbed, for 5 minutes, or until syrup reaches 220°F on a candy thermometer.
- Cool to room temperature.
- To serve, pour 1/2 cup syrup into a tumbler.
- Stir in 1/2 cup cold water.
- Fill tumbler with crushed or shaved ice.