4 hrs 20 mins
My daughter Tehila has a wonderful friend, Adva, who is of Moroccan descent. Her mother makes these treats for the family on holidays, and shares them with our family. The last time we made these together, and had lots of fun doing it. Prep time includes time for the dough to rise.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve yeast in a glass of lukewarm water.
- 2Mix all the ingredients with a glass of lukewarm water and knead thoroughly to give a light, soft, elastic dough.
- 3Add a little more water if necessary.
- 4Cover with a clean cloth and leave to rise for 3 or 4 hours.
- 5Take a little ball of dough in oiled hands.
- 6Make a hole in the center and pull it out to form a little crown.
- 7Drop the rings one by one into hot oil.
- 8Serve these fritters hot and well risen, dusted with sugar or honey.
- 9They are best when eaten immediately.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sfinj -- Moroccan Doughnuts
Serving Size: 1 (1036 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.3
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 78.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 3.5 g