Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My daughter Tehila has a wonderful friend, Adva, who is of Moroccan descent. Her mother makes these treats for the family on holidays, and shares them with our family. The last time we made these together, and had lots of fun doing it. Prep time includes time for the dough to rise.
- Dissolve yeast in a glass of lukewarm water.
- Mix all the ingredients with a glass of lukewarm water and knead thoroughly to give a light, soft, elastic dough.
- Add a little more water if necessary.
- Cover with a clean cloth and leave to rise for 3 or 4 hours.
- Take a little ball of dough in oiled hands.
- Make a hole in the center and pull it out to form a little crown.
- Drop the rings one by one into hot oil.
- Serve these fritters hot and well risen, dusted with sugar or honey.
- They are best when eaten immediately.