Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons rice or 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small eggplant, quartered lengthwise and sliced (about 12 ounces)
- cooking spray
- 3 cups peeled jicama, cut in to 2 x 1/4-inch strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups red bell peppers, cut in strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups green bell peppers, cut in strips
- To prepare dressing, combine first 9 ingredients in a bowl; stir with a whisk.
- Preheat broiler.
- To prepare salad, combine 3 tablespoons dressing and eggplant, tossing to coat.
- Arrange eggplant slices in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Broil 4 minutes on each side.
- Combine remaining dressing, eggplant, jicama, and bell peppers, tossing to coat.