Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
Has a delicious citrus and nutty flavor, that is Oriental in character.
Make and share this Sesame Broccoli recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- Steam broccoli until crisp-tender.
- Combine remaining ingredients except sesame seed in a small bowl.
- Pour sauce over broccoli and toss well.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
This was definitely different, but I found the nutty flavour a bit overwhelming and the sauce a little runny. I poured it over the broccoli, but then drained most of it off because the broccoli was just swimming in it. This would be good with an Asian meal, maybe along egg fried rice and a main meat course.
I was looking for a broccoli recipe for dinner tonight, and I came across this one. I served it with cubed steak and roasted potatoes. I thought it was pretty good and added a little butter. Thanks!
In the end, this broccoli didn't have the punch I was hoping for. Sorry Sue. Maybe it was just me. )-: If I made it again, I would make the sauce well in advance and let it sit for a while. Made for Hot & Steamy ZWT4.