Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love healthy food and don't have a lot of time to cook during the week, so I make a huge batch of this for dinners all week. I eat it pretty much every week night with brown rice, cornbread, and veggies.
- 8 cups presoaked black beans
- 1 yellow onion
- 4 tablespoons garlic
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh cilantro
- Simmer beans in water with salt, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper until tender then drain excess water.
- Sautee garlic and onions in olive oil until caramelized.
- Add caramelized onions and garlic and chopped cilantro.
- Serve over rice and enjoy.
This was very good. We tried it minus the cilantro and it was wonderful. Also tried it as part of a taco salad using ground turkey and it tasted great.