I have seen a lot of different versions of this recipe, but this is the one I make most often. This has appeared in my Church's various cookbooks many times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine beans, potatoes, carrots, celery, tomatoes, and water in saucepan.
- 2Cook until vegetables are tender.
- 3Saute onion in oil in skillet.
- 4Stir in flour; Cook until brown and add to soup.
- 5Simmer for 5 minutes longer.
- 6Season with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Serbian Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (476 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.4
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 37.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 6.5 g