Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have seen a lot of different versions of this recipe, but this is the one I make most often. This has appeared in my Church's various cookbooks many times.
- 3 (16 ounce) cans green beans (You can also use white beans)
- 3 large potatoes, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 4 cups water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons flour
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Combine beans, potatoes, carrots, celery, tomatoes, and water in saucepan.
- Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Saute onion in oil in skillet.
- Stir in flour; Cook until brown and add to soup.
- Simmer for 5 minutes longer.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Quite good! Family liked it a lot, thanks for the recipe