1/2 Photos of Sekihan
Nat Da Brat's Note:
This was found on several internet sites. Submitted in response to a request on the boards.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan, combine beans and water; bring to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat to low; simmer 45 minutes to one hour or until beans are soft but not completely cooked.
- 3Cool to room temperature.
- 4Drain beans, reserving the liquid.
- 5Mix the beans, drained rice and water with 3 tablespoons of the bean's cooking liquid.
- 6Cook in rice steamer in the usual manner.
- 7Spread the cooked beans and rice into a decorative shallow dish or laquer tray.
- 8Sprinkle with the sesame seeds, garnish and serve.
- 9If you don't have a rice cooker, you can cook this is a pot on the stove as you would regualr rice.
- 10Just use the proportion of water to rice given here, not the usual Western 2 parts water to one part rice.
- 11The rice has already been soaked, so it needs less water to cook.
Nutritional Facts for Sekihan
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 607.2
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 17.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 129.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 14.7 g