baked potatoes. serve with sauce of choice as a vege side or snack Great for potlucks. Can be cooked and re-heated in the microwave or oven Be sure to use gluten-free ingredients if required for your diet
- 1 kg baby potatoes or 1 kg chat potatoes or 1 kg small to medium sized washed potato
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme or 1⁄2 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning such as Mexican chili powder or 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder or 1⁄4 teaspoon Season-All salt, dried seasoning blend or 1⁄4 teaspoon steak spice
- 3 tablespoons brown rice flour or 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 tablespoon olives or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 220°C or 200°C if fan forced.
- chop small potatoes into half. Larger potatoes halve and then into 4 or 6 pieces to make potato regluar sized.
- Place cut potatoes into a large plastic or ziploc bag.
- Add all remaining ingredients (except the tablespoon of oil), seal and then toss until evenly distributed. Add the oil and then toss again.
- Place onto an oiled baking tray and into the oven.
- Turn approx every ten to 15 minutes.
- Cook approx 40 minutes or until browned and cooked thru to your liking.