Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
baked potatoes. serve with sauce of choice as a vege side or snack Great for potlucks. Can be cooked and re-heated in the microwave or oven Be sure to use gluten-free ingredients if required for your diet
- 1 kg baby potatoes or 1 kg chat potatoes or 1 kg small to medium sized washed potato
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme or 1⁄2 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning such as Mexican chili powder or 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder or 1⁄4 teaspoon Season-All salt, dried seasoning blend or 1⁄4 teaspoon steak spice
- 3 tablespoons brown rice flour or 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 tablespoon olives or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 220°C or 200°C if fan forced.
- chop small potatoes into half. Larger potatoes halve and then into 4 or 6 pieces to make potato regluar sized.
- Place cut potatoes into a large plastic or ziploc bag.
- Add all remaining ingredients (except the tablespoon of oil), seal and then toss until evenly distributed. Add the oil and then toss again.
- Place onto an oiled baking tray and into the oven.
- Turn approx every ten to 15 minutes.
- Cook approx 40 minutes or until browned and cooked thru to your liking.
I made these to accompany a wonderful steak, and they were great. But I really think they'd be great fresh out of the oven for an after school snack, or to enjoy at halftime. I had small potatoes, fresh from the earth from my local co-op, so I reduced the cooking time. The were delicious! Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT!
These came out wonderfully crispy on the outside and tender and fluffy inside. Well, I cheated a little by boiling them a bit first because DH says my roasted potatoes always come out too dry. I used sazon completo (Goya and Badia both make a version) and some home made cayenne pepper to season them. They also made excellent hash browns (I added some onions and chopped the potatoes smaller).
Wonderful!! Made these to go with our dinner of Surprise Coated Crisp Fish Filets#94195 and a wedge salad and we gobbled these right down. I did cut the recipe in half, used red potatoes cut into chunks and used a mixture of dried basil, thyme a little oregano and garlic powder. Definately one to make again. It only took about 30-35 minutes to cook but that could be because my chunks weren't too large. Thank you for posting. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup ~~ Jan-June 2013 tag game.