Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Black rice, carrot and raisin salad with corn. Told the wife that if she really wanted a Screeching Black Cat Salad, the next time I made a salad I would hold our black cat Minerva over it by her tail. That got vetoed real quick. Modified from Vegparadise.com
- 2 cups black rice or 2 cups wild rice, cooked
- 4 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 ear uncooked sweet corn
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup black raisins
- lemon juice, equal to one lemon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- green leaf lettuce
- Cook the ear of corn.
- Remove the kernels then combine all the ingredients, except the lettuce, in a large bowl and mix well. Adjust the seasoning if needed.
- To serve, line a platter with lettuce leaves and mound the salad in the center.
- Alternatively, serve in individual salad dishes.
I used the wild rice and loved your salad,the golden raisins are so good in this salad.Thanks for the different way to use wild rice.Rose