1/3 Photos of Scrambled Tofu With Veg and Basmati Rice
Made this tonight to use up some cauldron firm tofu and some veg that needed using up any veg you want. Turned out stir fryish. My husband liked it a lot even though he hates tofu, In this the tofu tastes like fried eggs. My scales have broken so I measured out the rice in a measuring jug.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 200 g firm tofu, squeezed and crumbled (1 packet of cauldron tofu)
- 200 g broccoli, cut into florets (1/2 large head)
- 2 carrots, cut into diagonal slices
- 3 onions, sliced
- 1 sweet pepper, sliced
- 200 g sliced mushrooms (half a packet)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pint dried rice (basmati)
- 1 pint cold water
- 1 teaspoon five-spice seasoning
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon chili
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1Rinse the rice in a sieve under cold running water.
- 2Heat up a tablespoon of olive oil in heavy based pan until it's very hot. Add rice and fry gently for 1 minute. Add the pint of cold water, bring to the boil then turn down to lowest heat clamping lid on tightly. Do not open the lid for next ten minutes, so set your timer.
- 3While this is going on, heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and add the onions. Then add the spices and tofu and keep stirring it. After the tofu has coloured a bit and gone squishy, add the rest of the veg and keep stirring.
- 4When the timer goes off, check the rice. It should look puckered with little holes. Stir it to check if there is any remaining water hiding underneath. If there is, keep it on the heat uncovered for 5 minutes to evaporate the water.
- 5Once there is no water, add the veg and tofu to the rice and stir. Add the soy sauce and taste. Add more chili, garlic or Chinese 5 spice, salt or pepper as per your liking, then eat it. I think this makes enough for 4 people, 3 very hungry people, or one husband.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scrambled Tofu With Veg and Basmati Rice
Serving Size: 1 (485 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 744.1
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 367.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 119.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.2 g
- Sugars 16.9 g
- Protein 26.3 g