Adopted 8/17/06 Recipe by Bryanna Clark Grogan. Note: Do not use waterpacked tofu. Also do not use less than Silken firm.
- Crumble tofu with your fingers.
- Combine with nutritional yeast.
- Mix together soy sauce, turmeric, onion powder and garlic powder; add to tofu mixture.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Add tofu mixture to skillet.
- Cook over medium to high heat, turning with an egg turner or spatula, for several minutes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- VARIATION: If desired, you can make Vegetable Scrambled Tofu.
- Before adding tofu to the skillet, saute 2 sliced mushrooms, 1 T chopped onion and 1 T chopped green pepper.
- Add tofu and continue as above.
- To add additional color use a bit more tumeric. It is what supplies the color.