Midwest Maven's Note:
This is a warm homey delicious stew that's pretty easy to make. It is great with some nice crusty bread and maybe a salad :) My meat lover mom was skeptical at first, but she loves this dish now as much as I do!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb cremini mushroom, halved (about 16 to 20)
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1In a medium pot over moderate heat, saute the garlic and mushrooms in the olive oil for 2-3 minutes.
- 2Add the zucchini and onion, season with salt and pepper, and saute for another 5 minutes.
- 3Add the chick peas, cumin, tomatoes, and rosemary.
- 4Bring the stew to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 5Re-season with salt and pepper if desired.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Vegetable Stew
Serving Size: 1 (505 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.5
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 763.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 10.8 g