Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are a wonderful twist to regular old fries!!! If you dont want to fry them, Ive also baked wedges in the oven coated with some EVOO, cooked til nice and tender and crisp, and then toss gently with the other ingredients :-) I hope you enjoy them!!! Cook time is for each batch.
- First you will want to get out a cutting board and a knife.
- Peel sweet potatoes, and cut in half lengthwise.
- Cut each half into long wedges.
- Soak potatoes in cold water, covered for 1 hour.
- Drain potatoes and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a heavy-pot, fry potatoes (in batches) in 3 inches of hot oil for 3-5 minutes, or until edges are browned nicely.
- Drain on paper towels, and keep warm.
- Place potatoes in a bowl, and add parsley, tarragon, rosemary, juice, cumin and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss well to coat, and serve!
I baked these just like the other reviewer did. They turned out great. Thanks to both of you.
I really have to thank you for this recipe. You came up with a way that my husband actually likes sweet potatoes -- instead of just tolerating them. He asked me if we could have these again tomorrow night. I love sweet potatoes, and I love this recipe. Used my processor french fry blade to cut the sweets up small- quick and easy.
These were a big hit at dinner. I baked them in the oven as you suggested, after soaking & drying off the sweet potatoes, I mixed olive oil and the rest of the herbs and cumin in a plastic bag, added the sweet potatoes tossed them and baked them for about 35 minutes in a 400 degree oven, Yummy and so easy to do.