Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Taken from Sandra Lee's Money Saving Recipes. Leftovers can be used to make Round 2 Falafel. I make variation of this salad all summer long!
- 2 (19 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1⁄2 red onion, diced
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley leaves, freshly chopped
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and toss to combine.
Delicious! I didn't have carrots, used a red pepper instead of green, fresh cillantro instead of parsely, added a firm diced avacado, 2 minced garlic cloves and some high quality balsamic vinegar. When prepared like this, it is one of my fave salad recipes of all time.
i added celery.. super yum!