Prep 4 mins
Cook 3 mins
Yummy breakfast porridge with raisins and rum flavor
Make and share this Rum and Raisin Oatmeal recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats (or oat bran)
- 3 tablespoons sultana raisins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- sugar substitute, to taste
- Place oats and raisins in a large bowl.
- Cover with water and stir
- Microwave for 3 minutes.
- Add rum extract and sugar substitute
- Stir and allow to cool for few minutes.
- use oat bran instead.
- add walnuts.
- add milk.
- serve as muesli by adding milk to uncooked oats
- add pineapple in stead of or in addition to raisins.
It was a good breakfast. I like rum and raisin flavor so I had to try this. I used dark rum instead of rum extract. Thanks haven't the slightest :) Made for PAC Spring 2011