That is Dr House to you's Note:
I had to figure out what to do with that romain so I ended up with this recipe modifed from Vegetarian Journal
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons finely diced almonds
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 6 -8 romaine leaves, stemmed
- 1The lettuce should be cleaned and chopped into bite-size pieces. Save 6 to 8 leaves, stem them by removing most of the hard cener core.
- 2Chill the chopped Romaine.
- 3Place dressing ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- 4Toss Chilled lettuce with dressing and allow to chill for at least 30 minutes more.
- 5When ready to serve, place a small amount of salad on the end of each leaf and roll up.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rolled Caesar Salad
Serving Size: 1 (755 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.8
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 131.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.1 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 11.7 g