That is Dr House to you's Note:
I had to figure out what to do with that romain so I ended up with this recipe modifed from Vegetarian Journal
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons finely diced almonds
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 6 -8 romaine leaves, stemmed
- 1The lettuce should be cleaned and chopped into bite-size pieces. Save 6 to 8 leaves, stem them by removing most of the hard cener core.
- 2Chill the chopped Romaine.
- 3Place dressing ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- 4Toss Chilled lettuce with dressing and allow to chill for at least 30 minutes more.
- 5When ready to serve, place a small amount of salad on the end of each leaf and roll up.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rolled Caesar Salad
Serving Size: 1 (755 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.8
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 131.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.1 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 11.7 g