1 hr 20 mins
Missy Wombat's Note:
Original recipe by Deb Carpenter. Posted for the 2+5 Veg*n Challenge of Dec '05-Jan '06
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fresh green beans, top and tailed
- 2 whole fresh sweet red capsicums, topped and seeded and cut in thick strips
- 1 whole fresh yellow capsicum, topped and seeded and cut in thick strips
- 3 -4 fresh zucchini, sliced in 1/2-inch slices
- 8 ounces fresh button mushrooms, whole
- 6 ounces fresh portabella mushroom caps, sliced in 1/2-inch strips
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato
- 6 ounces pitted black olives, drained well
- 12 ounces marinated artichoke hearts, chopped, and retain marinade liquid
- 4 -5 garlic cloves
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Cook green beans in boiling water (or steam in a microwave oven) until bright green color appears, remove from water, and remove pan from heat.
- 2Put sun-dried tomatoes into the water and let them reconstitute while you assemble the remaining items.
- 3Mix all fresh vegetables in large baking dish or roasting pan, and add crushed olives, garlic cloves, reconstituted tomatoes, and artichokes (with marinade) and stir well. Add enough olive oil [The oil in the marinated artichokes may be enough; however, extra virgin olive oil does add its own flavor.] to very lightly coat all the vegetables, and a splash of lemon juice (about 1 Tbsp).
- 4Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste and top with a light sprinkle of marjoram or parsley.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees on middle or lower rack until all vegetables are thoroughly hot (approximately 20-30 minutes), but not browned.
- 6If there is any liquid in the baking dish or roasting pan, drain off into a pot or microwaveable dish. Add cornstarch to a little cold water to aid in its dispersion and mix with the drained liquid (about 1 tablespoons of corn starch per cup of liquid). Heat until it thickens (stirring occasionally). Add to the roasted vegetable medley and mix well. This will coat all the vegetables with the full flavor.
- 7Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Vegetable Medley With Artichoke Hearts and Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (2477 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 898.7
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2493.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 162.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 60.8 g
- Sugars 47.2 g
- Protein 49.2 g