Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Original recipe by Deb Carpenter. Posted for the 2+5 Veg*n Challenge of Dec '05-Jan '06
Make and share this Roasted Vegetable Medley With Artichoke Hearts and Mushrooms recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb fresh green beans, top and tailed
- 2 whole fresh sweet red capsicums, topped and seeded and cut in thick strips
- 1 whole fresh yellow capsicum, topped and seeded and cut in thick strips
- 3 -4 fresh zucchini, sliced in 1/2-inch slices
- 8 ounces fresh button mushrooms, whole
- 6 ounces fresh portabella mushroom caps, sliced in 1/2-inch strips
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato
- 6 ounces pitted black olives, drained well
- 12 ounces marinated artichoke hearts, chopped, and retain marinade liquid
- 4 -5 garlic cloves
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook green beans in boiling water (or steam in a microwave oven) until bright green color appears, remove from water, and remove pan from heat.
- Put sun-dried tomatoes into the water and let them reconstitute while you assemble the remaining items.
- Mix all fresh vegetables in large baking dish or roasting pan, and add crushed olives, garlic cloves, reconstituted tomatoes, and artichokes (with marinade) and stir well. Add enough olive oil [The oil in the marinated artichokes may be enough; however, extra virgin olive oil does add its own flavor.] to very lightly coat all the vegetables, and a splash of lemon juice (about 1 Tbsp).
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste and top with a light sprinkle of marjoram or parsley.
- Bake at 350 degrees on middle or lower rack until all vegetables are thoroughly hot (approximately 20-30 minutes), but not browned.
- If there is any liquid in the baking dish or roasting pan, drain off into a pot or microwaveable dish. Add cornstarch to a little cold water to aid in its dispersion and mix with the drained liquid (about 1 tablespoons of corn starch per cup of liquid). Heat until it thickens (stirring occasionally). Add to the roasted vegetable medley and mix well. This will coat all the vegetables with the full flavor.
- Serve hot.