1/1 Photo of Roasted Vegetable Linguine With Torn Fresh Basil
From Vegetarian Times (February 2010).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups white mushrooms
- 1/2 lb asparagus, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces (fresh or frozen)
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 (13 1/4 ounce) package linguine (whole wheat or white)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaf, torn
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Toss together mushrooms, asparagus, onion, oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes in large roasting pan. Roast 20 minutes, or until mushrooms and onion begin to brown, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- 2Add tomatoes to pan, and roast 7 to 10 minutes more, or until tomatoes shrivel and soften. Transfer vegetables to bowl. Add wine to roasting pan, stirring to scrape off any stuck-on bits from bottom of pan. Place roasting pan on burner over medium heat, and simmer 2 to 3 minutes, or until wine has evaporated by half; or return roasting pan to oven 5 minutes, and let wine cook off.
- 3Meanwhile prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta, and reserve 1/2 cup cooking water. Stir reserved cooking water into reduced wine in roasting pan.
- 4Return pasta to pot. Add wine mixture and vegetables, and toss over medium-low heat until heated through. Season with Salt and Pepper. Stir in fresh basil, serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Vegetable Linguine With Torn Fresh Basil
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.7
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 10.5 g