Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This salsa is so good. I've made other salsas before, but this recipe is so much better. If it's too hot for ya, just use one pepper.
- 6 roma tomatoes
- 2 jalapenos, cut in half lengthwise and seeded
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 peeled garlic cloves
- 3⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Soak the finely chopped onion in the lime juice for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the jalapenos, garlic cloves and tomatoes in a pan and char on all sides.
- Put the charred items in a blender and puree until blended but still a bit chunky. Add the onion (with lime juice), cilantro, salt and pepper and blend just until all ingredients are mixed together.
- Chill for half an hour (will be hot) or put in the freezer for 10 minutes if you want to eat it sooner.
- Will keep for about a week in an airtight container.