Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This salsa is great with a great big bowl of warm tortilla chips! You can also use it on anything that you would normally use red salsa on. I love tomatillo salsa. Yum!
- Remobe husks from tomatillos and rinse.
- Place them on a baking sheet, on top rack under broiler.
- Broil about 4 minutes on one side, unrit blackened and soft, then turn and roast other side.
- Let cool on sheet.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, and chiles and garlic.
- Roast chiles 5 to 10 minutes, until blackened and soft, turning occasionally.
- Roast garlic about 15 minutes.
- Remove and let cool, then pull stems from chiles, and peel garlic.
- Put tomatillos, garlic, and chiles in a food processor and coarse-blend.
- Transfer to a bowl and add 1/4 cup of water to bring to"salsa consistency.
- "Stir in onion, cilantro, salt and pepper to taste.