1 hr 5 mins
This salsa is great with a great big bowl of warm tortilla chips! You can also use it on anything that you would normally use red salsa on. I love tomatillo salsa. Yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remobe husks from tomatillos and rinse.
- 2Place them on a baking sheet, on top rack under broiler.
- 3Broil about 4 minutes on one side, unrit blackened and soft, then turn and roast other side.
- 4Let cool on sheet.
- 5Heat a skillet over medium heat, and chiles and garlic.
- 6Roast chiles 5 to 10 minutes, until blackened and soft, turning occasionally.
- 7Roast garlic about 15 minutes.
- 8Remove and let cool, then pull stems from chiles, and peel garlic.
- 9Put tomatillos, garlic, and chiles in a food processor and coarse-blend.
- 10Transfer to a bowl and add 1/4 cup of water to bring to"salsa consistency.
- 11"Stir in onion, cilantro, salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Tomatillo Serrano Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 43.6
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 584.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 1.2 g