Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Middlebury Summer Language Schools have fabulous dining hall food. I studied at the Japanese school during the summer of 2007 and was always excited about the food offerings. This recipe is my approximation of their delicious roasted red potatoes. The combination of spices may seem a little overdone, but together they are an exciting--but not overpowering--taste sensation!
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Wash and slice potatoes into bite-sized pieces (quarters or eighths, generally).
- Set potatoes in a glass Pyrex pan. I usually use an 8x8, but if you make lots, a 13x9x2 will do. The potatoes should cover the bottom of the pan; it's best if they aren't piled.
- Drizzle the olive oil on top of the potato pieces.
- Go crazy with the spices. I recommend a good sprinkle of all the spices listed, although you can add or subtract any savory spices you choose. The cayenne does give it an extra kick.
- Cook for 45 minutes at 350°F.
- Let cool for 5 minutes (that olive oil gets really hot), and enjoy!